Green Is Trendy, Says Ampacet at NJPEC Awards
At the New Jersey Packaging Executives Club’s (NJPEC) annual awards celebration honoring outstanding beauty packaging, guest speaker Linda Carroll of masterbatch supplier Ampacet Corp. (Tarrytown, NY) forecasted that green will be one of the beauty industry’s most popular colors in 2008.“Green has gone mainstream,” said Carroll, Ampacet’s color insight manager. According to Carroll, the popularity of green reflects consumers’ growing concern for the environment.
Doreen Becker, group leader for plastic applications and design, BASF Effect Pigment Group (Florham Park, NJ) also spoke on decorating trends. Liquid-metal effects, pattern etching, and embossing will continue to be popular decorating techniques, according to Becker. She also said that more blow-molded bottles will feature more-transparent pigments that reflect light and make plastic look brighter. “We will also see more multifunctional additives being used in plastics,” said Becker.
The awards celebration took place November 16 at the Marriott Hotel in Whippany, NJ. During the awards presentation, NJPEC gave out awards to:
· CoverGirl Lash Exact Mascara by P&G Beauty. Packaging supplied by Geka Brush (Tinton Falls, NJ).
· Gold award—Lucky Jeans’ Lucky Number 6 for women and men by Liz Claiborne Cosmetics. Cartons by Hirschhorn & Young Graphics (New York City), pressure-sensitive labels by Standwill Packaging (Farmingdale, NY).
· Silver award--Holiday Gift Set by Chanel
· Bronze award--Gant Liquid by Elizabeth Arden. Carton by Cartondruck USA (Fairview, NJ).
· Gold award-- Bare Minerals Eye Liner Quad Kit by Bare Escentuals. Packaging supplied by HCT Packaging (Bridgewater, NJ).
· Silver award--CoverGirl Lash Exact Mascara
· Bronze award--Eye Shadow Slider by Neutrogena. Packaging by HCT Packaging.
· Gold award--Sublimage by Chanel
· Silver award-- Crayola Squeeze Squirt hand and body soap. Packaging supplied by Berlin Packaging (Chicago) and Emsar (Stratford, CT).
· Bronze award-- Listerine Pocket Mist by Pfizer. Packaging supplied by Emsar.
· Gold award--Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden. Carton supplied by Cartondruck USA.
· Sublimage by Chanel
Best Use of Stock Packaging
· Pink Twinkle fragrance for Club Libby Lu. Packaging supplied by ABA Packaging (Holtsville, NY).
Student’s Choice Award
· Graffiti Eye Shadow collection by Urban Decay Cosmetics. Packaging supplied by HCT Packaging.